Choose a Water Purifier: You’re thirsty after working in the sun on a hot Saturday afternoon. You head to the kitchen and pour yourself a cool glass of water and gulp it back greedily. The immediate effect is to cool you down, quench your thirst, and re-hydrate your body.
Did you give any thought to what else it’s doing to your body? It’s true that doctors suggest we drink 8 glasses of water a day, but if you don’t drink the right kind of water, it can have a harmful effect on you!
Wait a minute, you say: “The right kind of water???” How many kinds of water are there?
Why Drink Water
Water is a necessary part of life and not just for keeping us hydrated. Most people don’t know that water contains other qualities that allow you to live a healthy life:
1. Water is supposed to deliver essential nutrients and minerals needed to live. Are you spending an arm and a leg on supplements to ensure you’re getting these minerals when instead you can get them simply and cheaply by drinking the right kind of water?
2. Like a natural stream, your water should have antioxidant properties. You don’t need anyone to tell you that you want a body that generates cells, not destroys them!
3. Water should help balance out the acidic state of your body. Simply put, our bodies’ tissues produce waste that is acid in nature. Water should help balance out our acidic state by being alkaline.
4. Water should be free of contaminants. Many people are shocked to learn that there can be over 2000 contaminants in an ordinary glass of tap water.
Why You Need a Water Purifier
Aside from quenching your thirst, water should also be full of minerals, be alkaline, and be antioxidant. Did you know that most water is exactly the opposite? And did you know that waters from many water purifier systems fail these basic requirements?
Before you completely swear off water, know this: it’s not all bad news. There are excellent purification systems that do a good job of creating healthy, alkaline water with as much antioxidant property as a glass of orange juice!
People buy water purification systems thinking that they will successfully filter out the “bad stuff” and keep the “good stuff” in water. There are filtration systems for which people pay top dollar, that doctors recommend you don’t drink from on a long term basis. They can make your body even more acidic!
Useful Tips When Choosing a Water Purifier
Protect the health of your family. Before believing the advertising claims of any system, and before spending a fortune on bottled water, really compare the choices in home purification systems. Find out:
1. How do the health benefits of each system compare? (contamination, acidity, antioxidant, minerals).
2. What’s the taste like? You won’t drink enough water if you don’t love the taste.
3. How much will it actually cost me?